Through PCEF's Bright Futures and fellow partners dedicated to our first-generation students, a wide spectrum of support is provided for PCHS students who are the first in their families to go to college.
Dream Big is an award-winning 8-week PCHS summer school class that prepares students for the academic rigor of AP classes and the ACT – and helps students excel in post-secondary education.
Latinos in Action (LIA) classes, offered from 6th - 12th grade, teach leadership & community service skills, and focus on the strength of students' bilingual capabilities and multicultural experiences.
Finally, Bright Futures encompasses:
- Student & family college college knowledge
- A cohort "crew" which provides positive peer influence
- 1-1 college coaching before and through college
- Four-year budgets & planning for the “hidden costs” of college
- Personal and professional mentorship from a network of staff, volunteers, board, and community members
After high school, Bright Futures shifts into high gear as the work is done to support students as they get → through ← college.
The continuity of support in college has surfaced as a singularly critical piece for BF student success, and resources, like a new College Program Manager, are being added to ensure the success of the program continues to grow.
YOU can improve the odds for Park City's first-generation college students when you
support Bright Futures!